For Gluten-Free Day this year, I teamed up with Brandless, a company that offers quality products for a fraction of the price. All of their products are $3 (yes, really) because they eliminate the BrandTax™. BrandTax™ is the hidden cost you pay for a national brand, even though the quality may be the same as a generic brand. Brandless estimates that the average person pays at least 40% more for products of comparable quality as theirs. At Brandless you can rest assured that you are getting a quality product for the right price.
Their online market allows you to filter by gluten-free, vegan, certified organic, non-GMO, no added sugar, and certified kosher. This makes it extremely easy to find products that fit both your food preferences & values. Then they ship it all to you for $5 ($1 shipping for your first order!)
For GF Day, I “vegan-ized” their Gluten-Free Pancake and Waffle Mix, and they did not disappoint!! They turned out really fluffy, moist, and delicious! It’s always so exciting to take a non-vegan recipe and turn it into one (without missing out on any of the taste!).
Happy Gluten-Free Day from me & Brandless! I hope you enjoy the recipe!Jump to Recipe
Brandless Veganized GF Pancakes
- Prepare flax egg using 1 tablespoon Brandless Milled Flax Seeds and 1.5 tablespoon hot water. Mix together and let set for 30-60 seconds until a gel forms.
- Warm almond milk and coconut oil together (either in microwave or on stovetop) until completely melted (no coconut oil clumps remain).
- Add Brandless GF Pancake Mix to a medium mixing bowl. Then add flax egg and almond milk/coconut oil mixture and whisk until combined. Do not overmix, small lumps are okay! If it is too thick, add more almond milk; if it is too thin add 1/2 tbsp milled flax seeds and mix thoroughly and let sit for a minute or two to thicken.
- Preheat skillet or griddle to medium (~350ºF) and lightly grease.
- Pour ~1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until bubbles form on top of pancakes and bottoms are golden brown.
- Flip and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Serve with Brandless Organic Maple Syrup and top with fresh fruit!