Lavender is one of my very favorite smells/taste hands down. I use lavender oil on the reg for calmness and focus (my favorite brand: Eden’s Garden). If there’s lavender-scented laundry detergent, soap, shampoo, whatever.. you can guarantee that’s the one I have. Recently I bought lavender infused witch hazel and have been using it on my skin each night.. TOTAL life changer!
Lavender has tons of health benefits ranging from reducing anxiety & stress, aiding sleep issues, helping with skin problems (due to it being anti-inflammatory), and it even has antiseptic qualities (it was used back in the day for wound healing and injuries).
Last month in San Francisco, I stumbled into the cutest juice/smoothie bar, Native Co Food + Juice in SoMa that had the ‘Smooth Lavendator’ smoothie made with banana, date, lavender infused coconut milk, and coconut
water. OBVIOUSLY with my love for lavender I had to get it! This smoothie totally changed the smoothie game and I knew I had to learn to make my own… so here I am.
Homemade lavender infused coconut milk is great used in smoothies, coffee, or is refreshing on its own! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Lavender Coconut Milk
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 cup organic unsweetened coconut shreds
- 2 tbsp organic lavender flowers
- Add hot water and coconut shreds to high speed blender (I use Vitamix)
- Blend for 3-4 minutes until thick and creamy
- Add lavender flowers and blend for 1-2 more minutes
- Put nut milk bag over a large mixing bowl. Pour milk and strain
- Pour strained milk into a glass bottle and cool in refrigerator
- Save pulp in the bag and freeze for future smoothies
- Milk keeps in fridge for 5-7 days. Use in smoothies, coffee, or drink by itself. Enjoy!