It’s no surprise to most people that fruits and vegetables should be a huge focus in the diet – but the recommended amounts (about 2 cups of fruit and 2-3 cups of vegetables) each day can be a little intimidating on first glance. One way to start your day off strong is to pack your breakfast with fruits and veggies, a la the smoothie bowl.
This recipe contains blueberries, raspberries, banana, and spinach – a perfect blend of important nutrients. Blueberries contain antioxidants which have protective effects inside the body. Spinach contains vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, folate, manganese, potassium, magnesium, vitamin E and calcium. Talk about a food that does it all! What’s great about a smoothie bowl is that even if you don’t prefer the leafy texture of spinach, you can still get your daily greens in with a creamier taste.
Starting your day with a meal packed with so many vital nutrients (protein and fiber in addition to the vitamins and minerals mentioned above) helps you stay energized and fueled to take on the ever-busy weeks!
Berry Green Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 organic ripe banana
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 scoop Arbonne Vanilla Protein
- Put all ingredients in a high-speed blender, with greens toward the bottom and heavier ingredients (frozen fruit) toward the top.
- Pour in 1 cup almond milk and begin to blend.
- Top with extra blueberries, more chia seeds, or your choice of topping!