In honor of National Spinach Day, here is a DELICIOUS spinach salad loaded with tons of fruit, healthy fats, and protein.
Spinach is considered one of the best superfoods and is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, folate, manganese, potassium, magnesium, vitamin E, and calcium. It also provides loads of dietary fiber. In my opinion it is one of the least bitter leafy greens and has a nice, smooth texture. It makes the perfect addition to your morning smoothies for an extra kick of green in the mornings.
This salad is light but filling and sweet but also savory. Plus it has over 24 grams of protein mostly from the Beyond Meat “chicken” (my first time trying it! Pretty yummy!). It’s the perfect meal for a spring or summer day!
Fruit & Avocado Spinach Salad
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 2 dates chopped
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 6 strips Beyond Meat "chicken"
OIL-FREE AVOCADO DRESSING
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- Juice from 1 lime
- sea salt + black pepper
- Prepare all salad ingredients and place into large bowl or salad spinner
- Mix to combine
- Prepare dressing by placing all ingredients in blender or food processor and mixing until liquid.
- Drizzle dressing over salad for finishing touch