There’s this awesome local asian cafe on Campus Corner in Norman called T.E.A. Cafe that has been one of my staples since early high school. They have the BEST boba tea (non-sweet passionfruit green tea, coconut milk black tea, and taro are my go-tos- ps all their milk teas are non-dairy!!!). They also have an awesome gluten-free menu and their vegetable gluten-free fried rice changes lives.
Tonight I was majorly craving some TEA caf but was waayyy to lazy to drive all the way across town to grab some. Plus I knew I had some leftover rice, shredded veggies, and a sample of Vegan Gourmet’s VeganEgg that I’ve been dying to try- so I figured why not try to recreate and adapt my fave recipe! It turned out WAY easier than I expected and was shocked how well the VeganEgg worked in the recipe. It took a little getting used to because it was so egg-like that it messed with me a bit. But this has definitely become an easy menu staple for me- but don’t worry TEA caf- you can never be replaced.
Veggie Fried Rice
- Add 1 tbsp sesame oil to wok and stir-fry chopped onions until caramelized (~10 mins) and set aside
- Mix together VeganEgg and add to wok with a little oil to prevent sticking. Cook according to instructions. Chop into small pieces and set aside
- Add another 1 tbsp to wok and add all veggies and cooked onion. Stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes
- Add rice and mix well. Stir-fry another 2-3 minutes
- Add 2-3 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce and add cooked VeganEgg. Mix and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes
- Serve hot & enjoy! Leftovers keep for 3-4 days