Healthy pumpkin pie anyone?? Or wait let me rephrase this…. pumpkin pie for BREAKFAST anyone??? Seriously the answer to having your pumpkin pie and eating it too. No added sugars, no artificial ingredients, made in under 10 minutes, and SO SO DELICIOUS.
On another note- this morning when I logged into twitter I saw Kid President’s tweet saying “YESVEMBER!”. It got me thinking… my sophomore year of college (all my friends can attest to this) back before I was even vegetarian I was trying to make healthier choices so I decided to try out “No Cheese November” because literally guys I was a prisoner to cheesy goodness. 2 days later I folded on some Qdoba queso and No Cheese November was no more. It’s funny to look back and see how much I let food just run my life. Four years later and I would have never imagined myself being in the state of health or mindset that I am today. If you’re thinking about making the switch to be completely plant-based, or even just making small plant-based choices, start today!!!! Don’t keep saying tomorrow. It’s Yesvember for crying out loud!!! Quit telling yourself no!
(ok now back to pumpkin pie)
Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana peeled
- 1/2 cup puréed organic pumpkin
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp organic ground nutmeg or use pumpkin spice! We didn't have it at home so I just used cinnamon and nutmeg. Cardamom would have been delicious as well!
- Blend together bananas, pumpkin purée and almond mil until smooth, adding almond milk as needed
- Add chia + hemp seeds and all of your spices and blend until smooth
- Pour into chilled mug, top with coconut, chia, or vegan coconut whipped cream , or cinnamon sticks