I am gradually learning the potential of parsley. I used to only think of it as a garnish.. but now I've realized that it's unique flavor is AMAZING as main ingredients in juices and smoothies! If you missed it, check out my recipe for Cucumber Parsley Green Juice. This smoothie is perfectly paired with frozen mango and avocado to make it creamy and smooth- no bananas needed! Plus it is packed with spinach and chia, which gives the whole smoothie a cup and a half of greens and your whole day of omega-3s.
Smoothie tip: I like to freeze all my ingredients so that it doesn't get watered down by ice. At the beginning of each week I usually buy a big carton of spinach, and the rest that I don't finish that week I'll throw in the freezer. Or if an avocado is about to go bad, I'll just throw it in the freezer for a smoothie later. Now there's no excuse for wasted fruit because it went bad :)
This smoothie has only 200 calories with 7 grams of natural plant-based protein and 11 grams of fiber! Plus you are getting well over your full days worth of Vitamin A and Vitamin C, half of your day's calcium, and a fourth of your iron needs. Basically this smoothie is everything you've been looking for!
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/4 frozen avocado
- 1/2-1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (my fave: Salba)
- Put all ingredients in a high-speed blender, with greens toward the bottom and heavier ingredients (mango and avocado) toward the top
- Pour in 1/2 cup almond milk and begin to blend. Feel free to add another 1/2 cup almond milk depending on your thickness preference
- Top with parsley, chia, cacao nibs, or your choice of topping!
Serving size: 1 smoothie | Makes 1 serving
Calories: 200 | Protein: 7 g | Fiber: 11 g | Carbs: 24 g | Fat: 11 g | Vitamin A: 133% DV | Vitamin C: 137% DV | Iron: 24% DV | Calcium: 50% DV