So last weekend I traveled to Boston for the national annual Food and Nutrition Conference and Expo (FNCE). I looooved the conference- met so many new people, tried so many fun new brands and foods at the expo, & learned so much about functional and integrative nutrition (my #1 love).
While we were there we also ate SO MUCH. Like what's a national nutrition conference if you don't stuff yourself right? Plus a whole 10,000+ dietitians who totally get your love for nutrition and plant-based foods. Boston is also such a plant-based/gluten-free friendly place. So I found sooo many restaurants who offered some amazingly delicious gf/v meals. One juice/smoothie bar that I found was called Mother Juice and I tried the best kelp smoothie + some crazy delicious overnight oats. Like seriously they were amazing!!! So I had to recreate them once I got home and share because seriously (1) so delicious (2) so nutritious & (3) so easy to make.
- 1 organic banana
- 2 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter)
- Fresh or frozen fruit of your choice
- Blend banana, two dates (pit removed!), almond milk, and cinnamon in a high-powered blender until completely mixed
- Pour into resealable container and mix in oats
- Leave covered overnight and when you wake in the morning.... voila! Amazing overnight oats! Easy for on-the-go
- Top with fresh or frozen fruit of your choose, drizzle with your choice of nut butter, top with granola or sprinkle with coconut shreds
Makes ~2 servings | Serving size: 1 cup
Calories: 221 | Protein: 6 g | Fiber: 8 g | Carbs: 44 g | Fat: 4 g | Sugar: 6 g